*UPDATED 2/13/11 75 INVITES & COUNTING!*
I hope everyone is having a great new year, (wait am I allowed to say that in February?) Well, I rarely ever talk about my personal life on the site but when fashion week rolls around, I always have motivation. My most viewed posts of the year are fashion show reviews. You could go to plenty of sites to see photos, but I try and really give you my spin on the collections. Honestly, I hate the word “trend”. So please, don’t anyone ask me what I think will trend for this Fall. I don’t like to speak the obvious, so check out the photos for yourself and see what I think of them!
So far, I have received a record-breaking 43 invites! Our season high was 42 last season. We have even been invited to shows that denied us in the past, (so we must be doing something right!) But the thing is…it is only February 4th! Invites are continuously sent out through, well sometimes, the morning of a show. I am looking at another 13 days of invites. My goal is to get to 60! Let’s see if we can do it.
I am so lucky to have the help of my fabulous assistant from last season, Allysson Prada and our new men’s editor Matthew Brown. They are both going to help me get everything uploaded ASAP for you guys.
Goals for this season:
1. Attend ALL THE SHOWS I was invited for! I know I can do it, (with the help of my staff!)
2. Wear my heels. I have so many uhhhh-mazing pairs of platforms. I just always get frustrated and end up not wearing them because of all the running around I will be doing all day and all night. I walk or train it everywhere…but maybe Brad Goreski will pick me up in a Benz?
3. Get a *major* street style photog to photograph me. I hate pictures of myself, that is why I hardly ever post them. I get a lot of requests to do outfit posts but I just can’t bring myself to take a picture and post it. Someone else will have to do it for me!
4. ACTUALLY attend a party, or two…or five! Last season I went to one party and the season before that, (which was my first) I went to 0. I don’t think you guys know how EXHAUSTING #fw is. Sitting at the show is one thing…but uploading the pictures and writing the reviews for 43 shows…plus keeping in touch with my Twitter followers is tough stuff!
5. Do stuff. I am lucky enough to have my boyfriend in town with me, and I also get to go home and see my mommy. Although these 9 days can be grueling, I have to make the most out of enjoying my hometown. Also, all of the ladies are so lucky to have Valentine’s Day land every year right smack dab in the middle of fashion week! I am not sure what my bf has planned yet, but I am sure it will be awesome. Andddd, Barney’s Warehouse happens to begin on the last day of fashion week, (and so far the chilliest day for me, with only 1 show so far). Lucky for me! I’ll be on the line at 7am.
Thank you guys for your continuous support. I wish I wrote to you all more often. I am so proud of how much the site has grown, and I couldn’t have done it with out you all! I am really looking forward to providing coverage for you all this season, and the many more that are to come. Please leave me your feedback on the posts! If you happen to attend any shows and see me around PLEASE come say hi! I love meeting my readers.
Oh, P.S. I’m going to plug my Twitter, (sorry!) I guarantee you once February 10th comes around, you will not be disappointed! I swear during fashion week I cause the Twitter fail whale to pop up. I will give you the moment-to-moment update of what is going on at the tents. @ErinJeen
F/W 2011 Collection Reviews